UMT Name We're here: FaceBook Youtube Google+ LinkedIn+ Twitter Instagram
Call us toll free: 1.800.924.4883

ApplyRequest InfoAcademic ProgramsCertificate ProgramsTraining ProgramsGeneral InfoTuition and Financial AidAlumniPayments
Military Tuition Assistance and GI Bill® Benefits

Tuition Assistance

To receive TA, the applicant must obtain the written approval of his/her commanding officer or education services officer. Approval is indicated by signature on the TA form. In some cases, TA payments will be made directly to UMT; in other cases these payments may be made to the student, who in turn pays UMT.

To the student using military Tuition Assistance:
  • Army: Once TA is approved by the Army, UMT is informed by the GoArmyEd web site.
  • Other Services: You must provide UMT a signed approved military assistance authorization from your service education center before your courses can begin. Tuition assistance authorization forms can be:
    • FAXed to UMT at (703) 516-0985.
    • Scanned copies sent as email attachments.
    • Hard copies mailed to the University of Management and Technology, 1901 Fort Myer Drive, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209-1609.
    • New students should send them to the attention of their admissions counselor. Returning students should send them to the attention of the Registrar
GI Bill®

UMT is approved under the provisions of Public Law 89-358 to provide education and training to eligible persons in our online programs.

These courses are offered by distance education as approved under 38 CFR 21.4267. UMT's VA/GIBILL Facility Code is 2-1-0132-46.

Veterans and active duty military personnel may use their GI Bill® benefits. Before committing to enrollment, the applicant should confirm his/her eligibility with the Department of Veterans Affairs and submit a copy of form VA Form 22-0557 to UMT by fax, email, or mail.

Students who have never used their benefits need to submit a signed VA Form 22-1990 Application for VA Education Benefits to the VA and a copy to UMT. This form provides extensive instructions on how to obtain your benefits.

Students who have used their GI Bill® benefits to attend another school must submit a signed VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training, indicating that they will attend UMT to the VA and a copy to UMT.

Always consult the VA before taking any action that involves your valuable VA benefits! Once enrolled, UMT’s VA Certifying Official will provide a signed VA Form 22-1999 Enrollment Certification to the VA that certifies the student’s enrollment. Students also must call the VA monthly to certify they are actively taking courses.

For more information, see the VA web site at or call 1-888-GI-BILL-1.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. Government web site at

  More General Info

Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Copyright © 1998-2019 University of Management and Technology (UMT) | Consumer Information Disclosure