| Consumer Information Disclosure |
Name of Institution: University of Management and Technology
Address:1901 Fort Myer Drive, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209-1609
CEO/President:Yanping Chen, PhD
CAO/Academic Dean:J. Davidson Frame, PhD
This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibil.
Accreditation(s) and Agency Contact Information:
Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC): www.deac.org
State Approval and Contact Information:
The State Council of Higher Education of Virginia (SCHEV): www.schev.edu
National Council State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA): www.nc-sara.org. UMT has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements.
Information on NC-SARA states: www.nc-sara.org/sara-states-institutions
UMT only enrolls students who:
The following states are not members of NC-SARA and do not exempt online universities from state authorization requirements: California.
- Reside in a state that is a NC-SARA state, or
- Reside outside the United States, or
- Reside in a state that exempts online universities from state authorization requirements.
Specialized and Professional Accreditation for Degree programs in Project Management:
- Virginia residents and residents of those states that participate in National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements may file a formal complaint with the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) here.
- Students who reside in states that don’t participate in NC-SARA may choose to file a complaint with the appropriate authority in their state of residence. State Higher Education Executive Officers Association provides additional information regarding the complaint process and contacts here.
- Students may choose to file a complaint with UMT’s accrediting body Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), 1101 17th Street NW, Suite 808, Washington, DC 20036, Tel: (202) 234-5100.
Global Accreditation Center for the Project Management Institute: PMI GAC
Government Authorized Foreign Student Programs:
F-1 international student program by Citizenship and Immigration Services of U.S. Department of Homeland Security, and J-1 exchange visitor program by U.S. Department and States.
Participation in Funding Programs:
UMT Scholarship Programs:
- Federal Student Aid Program (Title IV Program)
- Various GI Bill® Programs (Chapter 30, 33, 35, etc.)
UMT offers scholarship programs to some students. To learn about them, look here.
PMI Scholarship Programs:
- PMI Education Foundation-UMT Scholarship
- Selected UMT-PMI Chapters Scholarship
Strategic partner of:
- Institution member of Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA): www.chea.org
- Global Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) of Project Management Institute (PMI): www.pmi.org
Student Consumer Information: Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
Mission and Description
Institution Mission Statement:
Please see the UMT Mission Statement page.
Areas of Special Focus:
Comprehensive undergraduate and graduate degree programs in:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Engineering Management
- General Studies
- Health Administration
- Homeland Security
- Information Technology
- Management (project management, acquisition management, etc.)
- Public Administration
Description of Institution:
University of Management and Technology, UMT, a private university offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral academic degree programs as well as professional development training courses.
Student Demographic Profile:
Working adults in management and technology careers in private industry, nonprofit and government agencies, and the military.
Please see the UMT Academic Programs pages.
Professional Development and Training Programs/Courses:
- Undergraduate: $390 per credit hour
- Graduate: $390 per credit hour
- DBA: $390 per credit hour
- UMT Scholarships (all levels): $250 per credit hour
- $390 for 15 PDU courses
- $780 for 30 PDU courses.
DEAC Student Achievement Disclosure for the Public
FY2019 official cohort default rate: 0.0%. For more information on UMT's default rate and loan repayment data, see the NSLDS data here by entering UMT's OPE-ID (041103).
Percentage of Students Surveyed (2022) Who Responded that they:
- Achieved their learning goals? 97.31%
- Would recommend the institution to a friend? 97.82%
- Overall satisfaction: 99.46%
College Navigator UMT Graduation Rates
UMT Employment Rates
PMI GAC Accredited Degree Programs: Student Achievement Data
Student body diversity is calculated and provided to the National Center for Education Statistics and published annually on College Navigator .
| Contact Us |
Copyright © 1998-2023 University of Management and Technology (UMT) |
Consumer Information Disclosure